About our Visiting Artist Program:
Wolf Performing Arts Center's Visiting Artist Program brings the dramatic arts to schools in the greater Philadelphia area.
Wolf Performing Arts Center will create and implement an individualized Dramatic Arts curriculum designed to meet the artistic needs of each school. Wolf PAC teachers will have the following goals in mind:
- To expose students to the fundamentals of theatre and the dramatic arts
- To build self-expression, self-confidence and public speaking skills
- To develop skills in collaboration and peer interaction
- To enhance critical thinking through theatrical activities
- To build knowledge base of theatrical terms, the process of creating a product, and the elements needed for performance
- To create a finished product that exemplifies the skills gained during residency
- To support school curriculum by teaching through a theatrical lens
Visiting Artist Programs include:
Artist-in-Residency Program: A Wolf PAC teaching artist will come during the school day to infuse dramatic arts in the curriculum. This program is based on the needs of the individual school—lasting a month, a semester or the entire school year. Students step into the world of theatre through improvisation, music, movement, games and performance. They will enjoy the dramatic arts and learn from professional actors.
After School Program: This weekly, one-hour, after-school program offers students an opportunity to learn all aspects of theater and participate in a showcase at the end of the program.
Collaboration with School Theatre Department: A Wolf PAC teaching artist will come during rehearsal hours to assist in acting, singing, or dance coaching. The program is curated around the specific production and needs of the individual school. Students will hone their performance skills as they are lead by professional performers.
Productions: The school will choose a production they wish to produce or work with Wolf PAC to develop an original script. Wolf PAC teaching artists will hold auditions, cast the show, and rehearse with students for their big performance!
In our 2018/2019 season Wolf PAC is proud to have partnered with:
- Friends' Central School
- The Gateway School
- Homeschool @ Wolf PAC
- Penn Wynne Elementary School
- Penn Wynne Presbyterian School
- Perelman Jewish Day School
- Regina Angelorum Academy
- The Shipley School
- Temple Beth Hillel-Beth El
- Woodlynde School
Interested in supporting a Visiting Artist Program in another school? Contact Cheryl Carson at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information!
Interested in bringing a Visiting Artist Program to your school? Contact Tess Kunik at email@example.com for more information!