Grades: 6th - 8th
Days: Saturdays 11:15-12:15pm
Dates: Saturdays - 9/23/17-12/16/17 (No class 9/30 and 11/25)
Tuition: Non-Member - $355; Member - $340
Teacher: Will Connell
Come join us for this fun, fast-paced improv class! With a focus on teamwork, students will explore the truth, honesty, and spontaneity that comes with both short and long form improvisation. Students will learn to react and respond to unexpected situations while building confidence and creativity.
How can improv help me learn to react and respond to unexpected situations, build confidence and hone my creative abilities?
- Know and demonstrate how arts can communicate experiences, stories or emotions through the production of works in the arts.
- Communicate a unifying theme or point of view through the production of works in the arts.
Grades: 6th - 12th
Days: Sundays 3:30-5:00pm
Dates: 10/1/17-12/17/17 (No class 11/26)
Tuition: Non-Member - $405; Member - $385
Teacher: David T. Snyder
In this advanced musical theatre class, students will explore vocal techniques and what it means to perform a song. Students will be given a solo musical theatre piece to work on throughout the course. Through one-on-one coaching with the instructor and constructive feedback from the class, students will have a polished, performance-ready piece perfect for auditions, performances, and more. The class will culminate in a performance in our Black Box Theatre after the final class.
How can I develop the skills I need to deliver a song in an honest and effective way as a musical theatre actor?
- Integrate and apply advanced vocabulary to the arts forms.
- Demonstrate specific styles in combination through the production or performance of a unique work of art.
- Analyze the effect of rehearsal and practice sessions.